Employer: University of Pittsburgh - School of Education - Falk Laboratory School
Job Category: Faculty
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Falk School, a coeducational K-8 laboratory school in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania seeks a full-time, experienced, dynamic School Librarian for the next academic year, beginning August 2017.
Salary range is competitive and commensurate with experience. The University of Pittsburgh offers excellent benefits.
Specific duties include collaborating with peer librarian to:
- Collaborate with teachers to design and teach inquiry-based learning experiences and assessments.
- Create an environment that is conducive to active learning, resource-based instruction, and collaboration.
- Promote and develop curricula that include the full range of literacy skills necessary for lifelong learners.
- Evaluate, promote, and use technologies to support teaching and learning that provide access to resources.
- Work to align the library program with state and national best practices.
- Advocate for the library program and guiding principles of the library profession.
- Manage and supervise library staff (undergraduate and graduate college students) and parent volunteers.
- Administer the library budget to support program goals.
- Serve on decision-making teams in the school.
A Master’s Degree in an accredited library and information science program is required. Pennsylvania state school librarian certification a plus and strong consideration will be given to candidates with experience working with school-aged children. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as demonstrated leadership and management experience, are essential. Exposer with Makerspaces and Making pedagogies highly desired.
Materials can be uploaded to: http://www.education.pitt.edu/facultysearch. For full consideration please submit:
- Letter of application
- A resume
- An educational philosophy that includes ideal classroom experience in library
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts
- PA Instructional certificate or equivalent
The review of application will begin in March and continue until the position is filled. Inquiries should be directed to Mr. David Ross, Assistant Director, at 412-648-2556, or email@example.com.
Offer of employment is contingent on candidate satisfactory obtaining and passing the following prior to commencement of appointment: Pennsylvania Department of Human Services Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record Check.
Apply for this Position