- Completed School of Education Admissions Application.
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 (USD) by credit card, check, or money order payable to 'University of Pittsburgh'.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate study.
- Official, third-party evaluation of all international transcripts for applicants who have not received a master's degree within the United States. We strongly recommend using World Education Services (WES) to complete this service.
- Original scores from the Graduate Records Examination (GRE).
- TOEFL scores (minimum score of 213 computer-based and 550 written) for applicants whose native language is not English and/or who have not completed an academic degree in an English-medium college or university. A student who scores below 650 on the TOEFL will be required to take the Michigan Test of Language Proficiency when they arrive at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Three current professional or academic letters of recommendation, specific to this application.
- A sample of the applicant's professional writing in the form of a previously completed term paper, master's thesis, article, etc (no more than 20 pages).
- A written statement of career goals.
Applications for doctoral degree programs in Administrative and Policy Studies are considered during five review periods each year. The review periods begin September 15, November 1, January 15, March 1, and May 15 with applications that are completed by those dates. Applicants are notified of admissions decisions approximately 30 days after these dates. Incomplete applications are held until the next review period. International applicants are encouraged to apply at least six months prior to the semester of enrollment.