Admission is selective and based on a proven track record of successful teacher leadership. Please submit the following materials no later than April 15 for consideration to begin in that year's summer cohort.
** If you do not already hold a master's degree from an accredited university, you are encouraged (but not required) to apply for the School of Education's Master of Education (MEd) program. If admitted, you will complete 12 additional credits after the 24-credit Principal certification program to earn the MEd degree.
Applications for master's degree programs in Administrative and Policy Studies are reviewed on a rolling basis up until the application deadline. An application received after the deadline will be considered on a space-available basis. International applicants are encouraged to apply at least six months prior to the semester of enrollment.
- Completed School of Education Admissions Application
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 (USD) by credit card, check, or money order payable to 'University of Pittsburgh'
- Original transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate educational institutions previously attended
- Official, third-party evaluation of all international transcripts for applicants who have not received a master's degree within the United States. We strongly recommend using, World Education Services (WES), to complete this service.
- Writing sample, goal statement, resume, and three professional letters of recommendation
- Interview (candidates will be contacted to schedule during the review process)
- Fall Deadline: Rolling admissions; however, priority given to applications received by April 15
- Spring Deadline: Rolling admissions; however, priority given to applications received by November 1
- Summer Deadline: Rolling admissions; however, priority given to applications received by March 1