Applications for master's degree programs in Social and Comparative Analysis in Education are reviewed on a rolling basis up until the application deadline. An application received after the deadline will be considered on a space-available basis. International applicants are encouraged to apply at least six months prior to the semester of enrollment.
- Completed School of Education Admissions Application
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 (USD) by credit card, check, or money order payable to 'University of Pittsburgh'
- official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate study.
- Official, third-party evaluation of all international transcripts for applicants who have not received a master's degree within the United States. We strongly recommend using, World Education Services (WES), to complete this service.
- TOEFL scores (minimum score of 80 Internet-based, 213 computer-based, or 550 written) of English as a Foreign Language for applicants whose native language is not English and/or who have not completed an academic degree requirement in an English-medium college or university.
- a written careers goals statement that states: a.) The position to which you aspire, b.) How graduate study will contribute to your goals, c.) Why you chose this specific program at the University of Pittsburgh
- three current professional or academic letters of recommendation, specific to this program.
- Fall Deadline: Rolling admissions; however, priority given to applications received by March 1
- Spring Deadline: Rolling admissions; however, priority given to applications received by November 1
- Summer Deadline: Rolling admissions; however, priority given to applications received by March 1