While interest in fitness and health has continued to grow, professionals serve to optimize exercise, physical activity, and lifestyle management for all people. A goal of wellness remains to help all individuals achieve an optimal level of health, well-being, and human performance through fitness and healthy living. Offered for undergraduates through the University of Pittsburgh and the School of Education, the Wellness specialization prepares students for entry level positions in closely supervised health-fitness programs within education and industry.
The unique feature of the Wellness specialization are the four options available for professional focus in the following areas:
- The Wellness specialization offers 4 separate options for professional focus.
- Prepares students for entry level careers upon graduation (considered a terminal degree)
- Offers internships for students in their specific areas of focus.
- Prepares students to take professional certifications exams in their area of focus.
- Works with students interests, and provides guidance on professional and career-related planning.