Admissions for Early Intervention - Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Completed School of Education Admissions Application.
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 (USD) by credit card, check, or money order payable to 'University of Pittsburgh'.
- Complete individual transcripts of work done in all undergraduate and graduate study (an overall minimum QPA of 3.3 in previous graduate work for students with a master's is required).
- Official, third-party evaluation of all international transcripts for applicants who have not received a master's degree within the United States. We strongly recommend using World Education Services (WES) to complete this service.
- Scores from the General Test section of the GRE (also required of international students if they have earned a degree from a United States college or university, or are otherwise exempt from the TOEFL.).
- A written statement of career goals and degree objectives.
- Scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all applicants whose native language is not English and/or who have not finished academic degree requirements in an English-medium college or university.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant's academic and professional work.
- a sample of the applicant's professional writing in the form of a previously completed term paper, master's thesis, article, etc.
- Three years of experience teaching students with disabilities is required.
- Interview with the Early Intervention Coordinator and one other Special Education faculty member.