Admissions for English and Communications Education - Master of Education (MEd)
- Completed School of Education Admissions Application.
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 (USD) by credit card, check, or money order payable to 'University of Pittsburgh'.
- Complete individual transcripts of work done in all undergraduate and graduate study (an overall minimum QPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for previous undergraduate work is required).
- Official, third-party evaluation of all international transcripts for applicants who have not received a master's degree within the United States. We strongly recommend using World Education Services (WES) to complete this service.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A written statement of career goals and degree objectives.
- A score of at least 550 (213 on the computer based test) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or at least Band 6.5 on the International English Testing (IELTS) for all applicants whose native language is not English and who have not received an academic degree from an accredited institution in the United States.