Admissions for Foreign Language Education - Instructional I Certificate (PY)
We are no longer accepting applications for this program. Students interested in obtaining certification to teach Foreign Language Education are encouraged to consider the Masters of Arts in Teaching program
- Completed School of Education Admissions Application.
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 (USD) by credit card, check, or money order payable to 'University of Pittsburgh'.
- An official transcript from each institution attended.
- Official, third-party evaluation of all international transcripts for applicants who have not received a master's degree within the United States. We strongly recommend using World Education Services (WES) to complete this service.
- An undergraduate degree with a minimum QPA of 3.0.
- A copy of the spring registration form if enrolled in spring term courses.
- Completion of the appropriate number of prerequisite credits.
- A rating of Advanced-Low or above in an ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) in the language of certification (for an interview, call ACTFL headquarters at 1-800-486-8444).
- Evidence of passing scores on the PRAXIS I test series (reading, writing, and mathematics).
- Three letters of academic and/or professional recommendation.
- A thoughtful, clearly written goal statement of two to three double-spaced typewritten pages.
- A resumé.
- Fall Deadline: January 15