Admissions for General Special Education - Supervisor of Special Education Certificate
- Completed School of Education Admissions Application.
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 (USD) by credit card, check, or money order payable to 'University of Pittsburgh'.
- An official transcript from all institutions attended (undergraduate and graduate).
- Official, third-party evaluation of all international transcripts for applicants who have not received a master's degree within the United States. We strongly recommend using World Education Services (WES) to complete this service.
- An undergraduate degree with a minimum QPA of 3.0.
- A valid PA Instruction I certificate as a teacher of students with cognitive, behavior, physical/health disabilities, blind/visual impairment, deaf/hard of hearing, or speech and language disabilities.
- Evidence of prior teaching experience (five years of teaching on the special education certificate is required in order to process the application for certification at the completion of the program).
- Three letters of academic and/or professional recommendation.
- A thoughtful, clearly written goal statement of at least two to three typewritten, double-spaced pages.
- A resume.
- Fall Deadline: Rolling admissions
- Spring Deadline: Rolling admissions