Admissions for Mathematics Education - Doctor of Education (EdD)
- Completed School of Education Admissions Application.
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 (USD) by credit card, check, or money order payable to 'University of Pittsburgh'
- Complete individual transcripts of work done in all undergraduate and graduate study (an overall minimum QPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in undergraduate work for students without a master's degree and a 3.3 in previous graduate work for students with a master's degree is required). It is expected that students will have a strong background in Mathematics.
- Official, third-party evaluation of all international transcripts for applicants who have not received a master's degree within the United States. We strongly recommend using World Education Services (WES) to complete this service.
- GRE scores.
- A written statement of career goals and degree objectives.
- A score of at least 550 (213 on the computer based test) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or at least Band 6.5 on the International English Testing (IELTS) for all applicants whose native language is not English and who have not received an academic degree from an accredited institution in the United States.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant's academic and/or professional work.
- A sample of the applicant's professional writing in the form of a previously completed term paper, master's thesis, published article, etc.
- When possible, the applicant should arrange a personal interview with faculty member(s) within the program.
- Fall Deadline: Rolling admissions; however, priority given to applications received by March 1
- Spring Deadline: Rolling admissions; however, priority given to applications received by November 1
- Summer Deadline: Rolling admissions; however, priority given to applications received by March 1