Admissions for Science Education - Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Completed School of Education Admissions Application.
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 (USD) by credit card, check, or money order payable to 'University of Pittsburgh'.
- Official transcripts showing a minimum QPA of3.0 on a 4.0 scale for undergraduate and post-baccalaureate work. A 3.3 QPA in previous graduate work for students with a master's is required.
- Official, third-party evaluation of all international transcripts for applicants who have not received a master's degree within the United States. We strongly recommend using World Education Services (WES) to complete this service.
- Written detailed statement of career goals and degree objectives.
- Scores from the General Test section of the GRE.
- Scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for applicants whose native language is not English or who have not finished an academic degree in an English-medium college or university.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant's academic and professional work.
- A sample of the applicant's professional writing in the form of a previously completed paper, report, thesis, article, etc.
- Fall Deadline: Rolling admissions; however, priority given to applications received by March 1
- Spring Deadline: Rolling admissions; however, priority given to applications received by November 1
- Summer Deadline: Rolling admissions; however, priority given to applications received by March 1