Admissions for Social Studies Education - Social Studies Instructional I Certificate
We are no longer accepting applications for this program. Students interested in obtaining certification to teach Social Studies Education are encouraged to consider the Masters of Arts in Teaching program
- Completed School of Education Admissions Application.
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 (USD) by credit card, check, or money order payable to 'University of Pittsburgh'.
- An official transcript from all institutions attended.
- Official, third-party evaluation of all international transcripts for applicants who have not received a master's degree within the United States. We strongly recommend using World Education Services (WES) to complete this service.
- An undergraduate degree with a minimum QPA of 3.0.
- A copy of spring registration form for students currently enrolled in coursework.
- Completion of the appropriate number of prerequisite credits.
- Evidence of passing scores on PRAXIS I test series (reading, writing, and mathematics).
- Three letters of academic and/or professional recommendation.
- A thoughtful, clearly written goal statement of at least two to three typewritten, double-spaced pages.
- A resumé.