Admissions for Social Studies Education - Master of Education (MEd)
- Completed School of Education Admissions Application.
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 (USD) by credit card, check, or money order payable to 'University of Pittsburgh'.
- Complete individual transcripts of work done in ail undergraduate and graduate study (an overall minimum QPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in undergraduate work is required). (Provisional admission may be granted to individuals with a slightly lower QPA when professional experience and recommendations indicate an ability to pursue graduate level study).
- Official, third-party evaluation of all international transcripts for applicants who have not received a master's degree within the United States. We strongly recommend using World Education Services (WES) to complete this service.
- A written statement of career goals and degree objectives.
- Scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all applicants whose native language is not English and/or who have not finished academic degree requirements in an English-medium college or university.
- Fall Deadline: Rolling admissions; however, priority given to applications received by March 1
- Spring Deadline: Rolling admissions; however, priority given to applications received by November 1
- Summer Deadline: Rolling admissions; however, priority given to applications received by March 1