Doctoral study options include the opportunities to earn a PhD in Special Education with emphasis in blindness and visual impairment. The focus of this degree is grounded in empirical research on issues surrounding the education and/or rehabilitation of children and adults who are visually impaired.
- Completed School of Education Admissions Application.
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 (USD) by credit card, check, or money order payable to 'University of Pittsburgh'.
- Submit transcripts of work done in all undergraduate and graduate study.
- Official, third-party evaluation of all international transcripts for applicants who have not received a master's degree within the United States. We strongly recommend using World Education Services (WES) to complete this service.
- Submit a written statement of career goals and degree or certification objectives.
- Submit three professional references.
- Schedule an interview with program coordinator.
- Provide a sample of academic or professional writing.
- Submit scores of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).