CGSE would like to invite nominations for the annual Extra Mile Award. Nominations must be submitted by March 3 at 11:59 p.m. This award is meant to honor a faculty, administrator or staff member that exemplifies the CGSE mission statement and takes it the extra mile in one or more of the following ways:
- Promotes proactive student involvement and representation in SOE and University governance;
- Promotes academic excellence by organizing and supporting activities designed to enhance SOE students’ academic growth and success;
- Promotes cross-cultural understanding by facilitating opportunities for social interaction and collaboration among culturally diverse groups of students;
- Promotes student professional development by organizing and supporting activities or affiliations designed to enhance students professional growth and future success; and
- Promotes a caring and respectful academic, social and professional atmosphere in the SOE.
To nominate a faculty, administrator or staff member:
- Read our nomination guidelines and complete the online nomination form.
- Submit THREE additional brief letters of support from other SOE students to CGSE@pitt.edu.
**Supporting letters should be sent as ONE PDF to email@example.com. Documents should be named with the nominee’s last name (i.e. SMITH_EXTRAMILE.pdf).