NOMINATION DEADLINE: MARCH 3
This is an annual award to honor a faculty, administrator or staff member that exemplifies the CGSE mission statement and takes it the extra mile in one or more of the following ways:
- Promotes proactive student involvement and representation in SOE and University governance;
- Promotes academic excellence by organizing and supporting activities designed to enhance SOE students’ academic growth and success;
- Promotes cross-cultural understanding by facilitating opportunities for social interaction and collaboration among culturally diverse groups of students;
- Promotes student professional development by organizing and supporting activities or affiliations designed to enhance students professional growth and future success; and
- Promotes a caring and respectful academic, social and professional atmosphere in the SOE.
To recognize up to three faculty, administrator, and/or staff members who exemplifies the CGSE mission statement and takes it the extra mile.
Nominees may be faculty, administrators or staff members of the SOE. Nominees should exemplify the CGSE mission in one or more of the ways listed above.(this does note include graduate students who may teach courses) Nominees should be people who go the extra mile for graduate students in the School of Education.
III. NOMINATION PROCESS AND GUIDELINES
SOE Graduate Students may submit nominations by the specified deadline.
To nominate a faculty, administrator or staff member:
- Complete the online nomination form.
- Submit THREE additional brief letters of support from other SOE students to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Supporting letters should be sent as ONE .pdf to email@example.com. Documents should be named with the nominee’s last name (i.e. SMITH_EXTRAMILE.pdf).
All applications (both online application and the .pdf of support letters) must be submitted by March 3 at 11:59 p.m. Incomplete or late nomination materials will not be reviewed.
The committee will select finalists from the pool of nominees. Nomination materials will be scored and scores will be weighted as follows:
- Essay from online nomination form - 50%
- Letters of Support - 50%
The nominees with the highest composite scores will be recommended as finalists (no more than 6) to receive the award. CGSE executive board members vote for up to three of the finalists submitted by the committee. If there is only one nominee selected as a finalist then he/she automatically wins the award. If there are multiple finalists, the finalist with the most votes wins the award. Persons who submit a nomination are disqualified from participating on the award finalist selection committee.