The University of Pittsburgh School of Education provides our list of job
postings as a service to our readers. We cannot respond to questions
about this job posting. Please direct your questions, comments, and application
materials directly to employer.
Director, Office of Teacher Education
Employer: Lehigh University
Job Category: Administrative
Location: Bethlehem, PA, USA
Lehigh University Position Announcement: Director, Office of Teacher Education
Lehigh University has a position opening, Director for our Office of Teacher
Certification (OTC). This fulltime, 12-month position provides strategic leadership
for the OTC, a key office in maintaining compliance with Pennsylvania Department of
Education (PDE) requirements for teacher and school-professional preparation
programs. The director is the principal liaison with PDE and assures systematic
gathering and reporting of key electronic information about our teacher-preparation
programs. He/she provides strategic guidance in keeping faculty informed of PDE
requirements and helping teacher-preparation faculty prepare and submit program
approval-and-review documents to PDE in the proper format and on time.
The director is responsible for:
1. Providing leadership in securing and maintaining relations with appropriate
2. Maintaining relations with PDE and assuring we remain in compliance with PDE
3. Working with the OTC coordinator to make sure candidates who are placed in
schools and other settings involving minors have appropriate clearances.
4. Supporting effective mentoring of student teachers and teacher-candidates in
5. Guiding and facilitating key teacher-preparation submissions to PDE
6. Acting as university administrator for the Teacher Information Management
System (TIMS) and PDE-authorized Lehigh Act 48 program.
The director supervises the OTC Coordinator of Field Placements, while the director
reports to the Associate Dean of the College of Education, Dr. Ward Cates.
For more details on this position, please visit:
Our search begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
If this position interests you, please go ahead and apply. If you know of someone
else who might be interested, please share this email with that person.
If you have any questions, or there is anything else you would like to know, please
feel free to email Dr. Cates, Associate Dean at
> or contact him by phone at
Ward Mitchell Cates, Ed.D.
Associate Dean & Professor, Teaching, Learning, and Technology
College of Education, Lehigh University, 111 Research Drive, Bethlehem, PA 18015
* Voice: 610/758-3249<tel:610%2F758-3249> * Fax: 610/758-6223<tel:610%2F758-6223>
* email: firstname.lastname@example.org