LEADERS Handbook of Early Literacy Strategies and Activities
: 8-10 minutes
: Individually, one-on-one with teacher, assistant or volunteer
This is a good strategy to review sight words and practice unknown words.
- Put sight word cards on a ring.
- Include 7 known words and 3 unknown words.
- Vary their placement.
- Go through the cards. If the student knows the word, put a sticker or check mark on the card.
- Continue to add unknown words.
- Children will need their own ring of words.
- This is a great activity to send home for parents to practice with their child.