LEADERS Handbook of Early Literacy Strategies and Activities
: 10 minutes
: Whole group or small group
Performing the given task indicates basic comprehension.
- Oak tag or index cards
- Prior to the lesson, write one simple, basic direction per index card.
- Stand Up.
- Clap your hands three times.
- Take your card to Mrs. Ray.
- The teacher should demonstrate the first card to the class.
- Give each child a card.
- Each child should read their card aloud and then follow the direction on the card.
- Your students will enjoy this activity.
- It is a fun activity to do at your morning meeting or during circle time.