Teacher. Researcher. Principal. Leader. Or, more simply, difference maker.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Education is a community of individuals who seek to change the lives of students, improve the field of education, and make the world a better place. We offer a broad scope of options for you to pursue your goals, including course flexibility, research opportunities, and varied program delivery, and our graduates have high positions regionally, nationally, and globally.
Thinking about our teacher education programs?
If any of the following describe you, we think you’d thrive in our community of engaged scholars:
- Natural educator who views teaching as a professional and personal leap forward;
- Instinctive collaborator driven to connect research, teaching, and policy;
- Impassioned believer in learning science and its ability to improve and guide instruction;
- Vocal advocate who bring systems thinking and classroom reality to education policy at all levels; and
- Hard-working administrator aspiring to manage operations within a college or university.
Pursue the education interests that work for you, from undergraduate programs to graduate education programs to teacher certification.