To apply to the EdD program, please visit www.education.pitt.edu/apply and submit an online application. Full consideration is given to applicants who submit a completed application by February 1; however, the EdD admissions committee will begin meeting later in the fall semester, and applications will be reviewed for admission once all required materials have been submitted. Applications received after February 1 may be considered if there is space available. Cohorts begin in the summer term of each academic year. GRE scores are not required for the EdD program.
- Completed School of Education online admissions application
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 (USD) by credit card, check, or money order payable to 'University of Pittsburgh'
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended; grade point averages of 3.0 in undergraduate study and 3.5 in graduate study are recommended.
- Official, third-party evaluation of all international transcripts for applicants who have not received a master's degree within the United States; we strongly recommend using World Education Services (WES) to complete this service.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- A narrative statement of 1,250-1,500 words that explains (a) the applicant’s rationale for pursuing an EdD in their identified area of concentration; (b) how the applicant’s professional experience and academic background have prepared them for pursuing EdD studies in their ARCO; and (c) how the EdD program will contribute to achieving professional goals
- Three letters of recommendation; at least one reference must be from a supervisor and at least one reference must be from someone with knowledge of the student’s performance in an academic setting (e.g., a master’s program).
- For international students only: minimum TOEFL score of 100 on the internet-based test (IBT) with a minimum of 21 on each subtest; 250 on the computer-based test (CBT), or 600 on the paper-based test (PBT)
- Recommended: Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit responses to the School of Education optional diversity question.
If you have any further questions, you can chat with our admissions & enrollment assistant director, Monique Eguavoen, at 412-624-2909 or firstname.lastname@example.org.