The Healthy Lifestyle Institute will focus the distinctive strengths that exist on Community Engagement and Patient-Centered approaches to enhance Quality of Life and Health across the lifespan.
To facilitate this, the Healthy Lifestyle Institute will:
- Seek strategic community and private partnerships that allow for implementation and evaluation of translational efforts to improve healthy lifestyles. A key foundation will be to seek these opportunities in a manner that enhance the health and quality of life of individuals residing in the Greater Pittsburgh Area and surrounding areas of Western Pennsylvania.
- These include key partnerships formed with school districts and out-of-school entities to promote engagement in components of healthy lifestyles that enhance the well-being of children and families.
- Build upon existing wellness programming for faculty and staff to create a stronger effort to promote a healthy lifestyle in the University of Pittsburgh community.
- Engage in basic and translational research to enhance the understanding of mechanisms that may inform and enhance healthy lifestyles that translate to improved individual and patient care.
- Be a regional, national, and international resource that integrates physiological, medical, and behavioral research at both applied and translational levels across the lifespan (youth, adults, older adults).