Higher Education Policy Area of Concentration (MA option)
Students in the education policy programs at the University of Pittsburgh School of Education have the option of completing an Area of Concentration (ARCO) in Higher Education Policy.
This 9-credit ARCO is ideal for international and domestic students who wish to pursue careers within higher education institutions, higher education coordinating agencies, or government agencies with a higher education focus.
ARCO in Higher Education Policy for the Master of Arts (M.A.) in Education Policy
The 9-credit ARCO in Higher Education Policy is an optional area of concentration completed as part of the M.A. in Education Policy degree.
Students must select 3 courses from the following options:
- EFOP 2129 - SOCIAL JUSTICE IN HIGHER EDUCATION SETTINGS
- EFOP 3015 - ETHICAL ISSUES IN HIGHER EDUCATION
- EFOP 3131 - STUDENT, CAMPUS, AND SOCIETY
- EFOP 3141 - POLICY STUDIES IN HIGHER EDUCATION
- EFOP 3150 - FOUNDATIONS FOR THE STUDY OF HIGHER EDUCATION
ARCO Benefits to Students
- Gain a specialization that appears on their degree and transcript
- Develop additional expertise and functional knowledge in a specific education policy domain
- No additional cost, time, or credits are required to complete the ARCO