The Foreign Language Education programs at the Pitt School of Education prepare you for education programs in the area of foreign languages. Certification studies are available in French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, or Latin.
For prospective teachers, there are three program types: the Master of Arts in Teaching with the Pennsylvania Teaching Certification, the Instructional I Teaching Certificate in Foreign Language Education, and the Master of Education in Special Education with an Academic Instruction Certification with dual teaching certificates in special education and secondary content (MOSAIC).
For current teachers, the Master of Education in Foreign Language Education prepares you to acquire the concepts, skills, and attitudes of master teachers in their fields.
For those seeking advanced knowledge, our doctoral programs in Language, Literacy, and Culture help you to understand the interconnection of language, literacy, and culture so that you may develop specialized knowledge.
Explore our Programs
- Master of Arts in Teaching Foreign Language Education
- Master of Special Education with Academic Instruction Certificate (MOSAIC)
- Master of Education in Foreign Language Education
- Master of Education in Foreign Language Education with K-12 Endorsement Education
- Master of Education in Foreign Language Education with Specialization in TESOL