Application Instructions for EdD Students
Thank you for your interest in enrolling in the Doctor of Education (EdD) program at the Pitt School of Education. Our program is committed to helping leaders in education reach the next level, as they work to transform education for the greater good.
February 1. Applications received after February 1 may be considered, only if space is available.
Program Start Date
Cohorts begin in the summer term only
- GRE scores are NOT required
- Completed School of Education online admissions application.
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 (USD) by credit card
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- A narrative statement of 1,250-1,500 words that explains: (a) the applicant’s rationale for pursuing an EdD in their identified area of concentration (b) how the applicant’s professional experience and academic background have prepared them for pursuing EdD studies in their ARCO; and (c) how the EdD program will contribute to achieving professional goals.
- Three letters of recommendation; at least one reference must be from a supervisor and at least one reference must be from someone with knowledge of the student’s performance in an academic setting (e.g., a master’s program).
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit responses to the School of Education optional diversity question.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended; grade point averages of 3.0 in undergraduate study and 3.5 in graduate study are recommended.
- Official, third-party evaluation of all international transcripts for applicants who have not received a master's degree within the United States; we strongly recommend using World Education Services (WES) to complete this service.