Secondary Teacher Education Minor
To help undergraduates explore the field and prepare for graduate work in education, the School of Education offers a flexible 15 credit Secondary Teacher Education minor. These courses will allow students who plan to enter a graduate program in Secondary Teacher Education to make progress on the prerequisite education courses required for those programs and earn an additional credential on their official transcripts. Completion of the minor does not automatically guarantee admission into School of Education graduate program, nor does it fulfill all necessary prerequisites.
Interested students can apply by completing and submitting the online form for admission. Students can apply anytime during their undergraduate tenure.
- IL 1580 – Foundations of Special Education (requires in school observations)
- IL 1257 – Teaching English Language Learners (not recommended for future MAT students)
- IL 1701 – Early Field Experience – Secondary Education (requires in school observations)
- IL 1704 - Current Issues in Secondary Education
- IL 1000 – Introduction to Teaching
- IL 1505 Autism Characteristics & Interventions
- EDUC 1011 – Culturally Responsive Pedagogy
- PSYED 1001 – Educational Psychology
- ADMPS 1001 – Social Foundations of Education