Your Voice in the Student Experience
The Council of Graduate Students in Education (CGSE) is run by graduate students in the Pitt School of Education. As a graduate student of our school, you are automatically a member of the organization. The organization gives you a voice in shaping the student experience at the school and also provides student resources including funding for travel and research grants.
The CGSE represents the academic, social, and professional interests of all Pitt Education graduate students, with a focus on:
- Student representation in the governance of Pitt Education and the University of Pittsburgh
- Promotion of diversity, inclusion, and equity among the student body at Pitt Education
- Student professional development through activities, affiliations, and recruitment events
How CGSE Supports You
The CGSE provides you with the opportunity to engage in activities that develop your professional growth and success, including through:
- Sponsorship of academic and social events each year, including the fall and spring socials, the Annual Student Research Conference, the multicultural festival, and brown bag sessions
- Funding for small travel grants to support student participation in professional conferences
- The opportunity for leadership experience through the organization and through becoming active in the governance of the Pitt School of Education
Extra Mile Award
Each year, the CGSE is responsible for administering the Extra Mile Award that honors a faculty member, administrator, or staff member who exemplifies the mission of the organization by virtue of going above and beyond the call of duty in their support of the school.