Thank You for Supporting Pitt Education
Your philanthropic support to the Pitt School of Education helps the educators and professional leaders of tomorrow.
Gifts of any denomination can fund:
- Student scholarships and resources
- Faculty fellowships and chairs
- Centers and institute initiatives
- Building and facility improvements
How To Give
There are many ways that you can contribute to the success of our students, faculty, and programs. Below are examples of the different methods of giving. Should you have questions at any point, please feel free to contact our development staff for more information.
- Online Giving
Your gifts of any denomination can be made online with a credit card on the Pitt Education Online Giving Page.
- Gifts by Check
Your gifts by check can be mailed to the university at the below address. Please make your check payable to the University of Pittsburgh and identify the School of Education or a specific named fund in the memo line of the check.
University of Pittsburgh
School of Education
Office of Development and Alumni Relations
5605 Wesley W. Posvar Hall
230 South Bouquet Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
- Gifts by Telephone
- You can make your gift by phone via credit card by calling 1-800-817-8943. The hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (excluding holidays).
- Faculty and Staff Giving
- Faculty and staff can make an automatic payroll deduction by completing our Faculty and Staff Giving Form.
- Stocks or Securities
- You can make a gift of appreciated stock or securities that, in addition to supporting the school, can be beneficial in maximizing your tax benefits in the form of charitable deductions and the avoidance of capital gains taxes. For more information, please contact Michael Haas, our director of development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-648-1789.
- Planned Giving Opportunities
- Planned giving is an excellent way to support the Pitt School of Education, as it provides you with special advantages such as increased tax benefits or an income stream. View the Pitt Education Planned Giving webpage for more information.
- Honorary or Memorial Gifts
An honorary or memorial gift is a wonderful way to honor your friends or loved ones.
Honorary Gifts - Honorary gifts allow you to acknowledge a friend or family member's birthday, wedding, anniversary, or other special occasion or accomplishment.
Memorial Gifts - Memorial gifts are a meaningful way that friends and family can create a lasting legacy and honor the passing of a loved one. For more information or to create an honorary or memorial fund, please contact Michael Haas, director of development, at email@example.com or 412-648-1789.
- Gifts-in-kind are gifts of tangible assets such as equipment, book collections, and art. The Pitt School of Education encourages and appreciates these gifts as they can improve our facilities and provide the best possible educational experiences to our students. View the Pitt Gifts-in-Kind website for more information or contact Michael Haas, our director of development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-648-1789.
- Real Estate Gifts
- A gift of real estate is a thoughtful way to ensure your legacy at Pitt. Gifting real estate to the University of Pittsburgh ensures that you receive an income tax deduction and you pay no capital gains tax on the transfer. View the Pitt Real Estate Gifts website for more information or contact Michael Haas, our director of development, at email@example.com or 412-648-1789.
- Employer Matching
- Many employers will match your donation to the Pitt School of Education, thereby increasing the amount of your contribution to the University. You should contact the human resources department at your workplace to receive more information on the options that they offer. Then you may contact the Pitt Education Director of Development Michael Haas at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-648-1789 for more information.