Dr. Bart Rocco has worked in public education for over 40 years as a teacher, principal, assistant superintendent, and superintendent of schools. He retired as the superintendent of the Elizabeth Forward School District in Elizabeth, Pennsylvania in 2018. Presently, he is a Fellow with the Grable Foundation and works in supporting educators throughout Western Pennsylvania. Dr. Rocco is also a Professor and the Executive Director of the Tri-State Area School Study Council at the University of Pittsburgh.
Dr. Rocco was instrumental in transforming the culture of education in the Elizabeth Forward School District and continually shared the district’s success with other educators throughout the country who are interested in transforming education for their students.
In his work with the Grable Foundation, Dr. Rocco work with 34 school districts in Western Pennsylvania to support AASA’s Learning 2025 Student-Centered, Equity-Focused, and Future-Driven Framework. He also works to support districts with grant development and implementation.
Dr. Rocco was awarded the Distinguished Pre-K-12 Educator Award from the University of Pittsburgh in 2018, He was awarded the Champions of Learning Award in Leadership from the Consortium for Public Education in 2018, and he was also awarded the Distinguished Educator Award from the Tri-State Study Council and the University of Pittsburgh in 2015. He was the recipient of the 2014 Outstanding Educator from the Elizabeth Forward Alumni Association.
Dr. Rocco received his Bachelor of Arts and Master in Education from Duquesne University, and he earned his Ed.D. from the University of Pittsburgh.
He is married to Valerie, and they have a son, Dr. Philip Rocco, who is an Associate Professor in the Political Science Department at Marquette University.
- Taught courses in Principal Leadership and Superintendent Leadership.
- Instructor for Principal Leadership Academy
- Distinguished Pre-K-12 Educator Award from the University of Pittsburgh
- Champions of Learning Award in Leadership from the Consortium for Public Education
- Distinguished Educator Award from the Tri-State Study Council and the University of Pittsburgh
- Outstanding Educator from the Elizabeth Forward Alumni Association.
- Grable Fellow, Grable Foundation
Director of Tri-State Area School Study Council