Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis
Build the skills you will need to work with individuals with disabilities and intervene in an evidence-based manner. The Applied Behavior Analysis Certification program will provide you an opportunity to learn in depth about the theories and practical applications of applied behavior analysis while preparing you to sit for the BACB exam regulated by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board, Inc (BACB) if you already have a Master’s degree approved by the BACB. This rigorous program blends challenging coursework and possible practicum opportunities preparing you to sit for the BACB exam.
- Program Duration: 12 months (Part Time)
- Time Commitment: Part Time
- Term of Enrollment: Summer
- Course Requirements: 18 Credits
- Application Deadline: Rolling. Priority given to applications received by January 15.
- Admissions Requirements: GRE exam not required
The Applied Behavior Analysis Certification program provides intensive instruction in the theoretical bases of Applied Behavior Analysis as well as the clinical and pedagogical application of the theory and principles. The courses are aimed at special educators and behavioral health providers and are designed to specifically prepare students to apply for the certification examination of the Behavior Analyst Certification Board, Inc (BACB). Students may have the opportunity to complete supervised practicum as well.
- The ABA Certificate program fulfills the coursework requirement set forth by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board, Inc (BACB).
- Students must be able to obtain all federal and Pennsylvania state clearances before entering placements.
None – However, you will need to have a Master’s degree to sit for the BACB exam.
- Alumni currently work in a variety of important areas such as public and private schools and in the private sector helping students with disabilities
- Majority of alumni pursue and pass their BACB exam to become board certified behavior analysts