Master of Education in Education Leadership
Students can earn a Master of Education in addition to the K-12 Principal Certificate. Although students do not need to have a master’s degree to enter the certificate program, they can enroll in the degree program at the same time.
In addition to the 24 credits for the K-12 Principal certificate program, students are required to take and additional 6 credits to receive a Master of Education.
- Program Duration: After completing the K-12 Principal Certificate program, 6 credits (2 courses) are required
- Time Commitment: Part-time
- Term of Enrollment: Summer
- Course Requirements: 30 credits (24 of the credits are completed through the K-12 Principal Certificate program)
- Application Deadline: April 1
- Admissions Requirements: GRE Exam Not Required
By drawing on the University of Pittsburgh’s vast resources, the Master of Education degree program in School Leadership will offer practical, real-world experiences to improve student learning and achievement based on cutting-edge research.
A four-credit internship will provide students with hands-on, real-world experiences.
- Valid teaching certificate
- Demonstrated teacher leadership in your school
- Completed application for the K-12 certificate program and the master’s degree
- Minimum of two years teaching experience (three years preferred) by the beginning of the program.
Graduates of the Master of Education in School Leadership program work in leadership positions in schools. Many students choose to pair the MEd program with the K-12 Principal Certificate.