Superintendent's Letter of Eligibility
The Letter of Eligibility certificate program prepares students to assume top level administrative positions in both public and private schools. The program was developed with the career-oriented professional in mind. This certification enables the holder to pursue administrative roles in Pennsylvania School Districts, including the assistant superintendent and superintendent positions.
- Program Duration: 20 months on average
- Time Commitment: Part-time
- Term of Enrollment: Fall/Spring/Summer/Rolling
- Course Requirements: 24 credits
- Application Deadline: Students who are accepted into the EdD program are automatically enrolled in the Letter of Eligibility program. Each year, a limited number of students who do not seek the EdD degree will be admitted to the Letter of Eligibility certificate program. These are typically persons who already have an earned doctorate or who do not seek a doctorate.
- Admissions Requirements: GRE Exam Not Required
Rigorous curriculum and a practitioner-friendly delivery system affords aspiring educational leaders with the opportunity to develop the values and competencies required for effective school district leadership. The curriculum addresses both the core needs of school leaders and the critical issues facing children, families, personnel, school boards, and communities. The program accommodates the needs of working professionals through very clear timelines and a hybrid course delivery model. Its design provides the working, adult professional student with a supportive, and reliable learning experience.
An internship is required (3 credits).
Prospective students need administrative or supervisory experience in K-12 schools.
The Letter of Eligibility certification enables the holder to pursue administrative roles in Pennsylvania School Districts, including the assistant superintendent and superintendent positions.