STEAM Continuing Education Course
This continuing education course is an introduction to STEAM Education for K-12 educators, out-of-school educators such as museums, environmental centers, after-school programming, tech educators, or parents interested in STEAM. This course contains three modules: Introduction of STEAM Education, Components of STEAM, and Problem-based Scenarios. At the end of this continuing education course, you will understand what STEAM education is, how it engages youth in real-world problem solving, and how to implement STEAM into your setting.
- Program Duration: Self-paced (most students report it takes 30-45 seat hours)
- Time Commitment: Part-time
- Term of Enrollment: No enrollment procedures. Simply pay online and begin today.
- Application Deadline: None
- Course Requirements: This is a continuing education course and therefore the credit hours roll over only if the student decides to become a Pitt graduate student
- Price: $499
Students who complete this course are able to roll 3 credits toward our 12-credit STEAM Certificate program.
For questions about the courses and program, please contact:
Professor Cassie Quigley
STEAM Program Director
- STEAM Teacher
- Makerspace Educator
- After-School Curriculum Coordinator
- Technology Educator