Info Sessions, Campus Visits, and Events
We would love for you to attend an admissions event, meet with our admissions team, or plan a visit to the Pitt School of Education. There are a number of different ways that you can have your questions answered and find out which program is right for you.
Meet with an Admissions Representative - Online or In-Person
Weekly Open Houses - Fridays at 1 p.m.
During the fall and spring semesters, we hold an open house every Friday at 1 p.m. in our Student Engagement Suite in 5200 Posvar Hall. No advance registration is necessary. Just come drop on by!
Program Info Sessions
- Doctor of Education (EdD)
Info sessions for our EdD program will provide the opportunity to meet with faculty and staff, to connect with current students, and to learn more about our programs. The sessions, which are broken down by areas of concentration, will be held both in person and online via videoconferencing (check dates for options).
- December 11, 2019 | 6 p.m. Posvar Hall 4303 | Focus on Higher Education Management track
- December 12, 2019 | 6 p.m. Posvar Hall 4303 | Focus on Out-of-School Learning, Urban Education, and Health and Physical Activity tracks
- December 17, 2019 | Noon, Virtual Information Session | All areas of concentration
- December 17, 2019 | 6 p.m. Posvar Hall 4303 | STEM, Special Education, and Social and Comparative Analysis in Education tracks
- January 14, 2020 | 6 p.m. Posvar Hall 4303 | All areas of concentration
- January 15, 2020 | 6 p.m. Virtual Information Session | All areas of concentration
- Teacher Education (Master's and Certificate)
Info sessions for current or aspirational teachers will be held Wednesdays in the Student Engagement Suite in 5200 Posvar Hall on the following dates. Snacks will be provided.
- October 2, 2019 | Noon - 1 p.m.
- October 16, 2019 | 4 - 5 p.m.
- November 6, 2019 | Noon - 1 p.m.
- November 20, 2019 | 4 - 5 p.m.
- December 4, 2019 | Noon - 1 p.m.
- December 18, 2019 | 4 - 5 p.m.
- Applied Developmental Psychology (Master's)
Info sessions for our master's degree in Applied Developmental Psychology feature a presentation by faculty and our admissions enrollment team. All sessions are in the Student Engagement Suite in 5200 Posvar.
- November 19, 2019 | 4:30 - 6:00 p.m.
- January 21, 2019 | 4:30 - 6:00 p.m.
- February 25, 2020 | 4:30 - 6:00 p.m.
- Higher Education Management (MEd program)
Info sessions for our Master of Education (MEd) program in Higher Education Management feature a presentation by faculty and our admissions enrollment team. All sessions are in the Student Engagement Suite in 5200 Posvar.
- October 1, 2019 | 12:30 p.m.
- October 16, 2019 | 4 p.m.
- November 12, 2019 | 12:30 p.m.
- October 30, 2019 | Noon or 5:30 p.m. (via Zoom invite)
- Health and Physical Activity (Master's)
An info session for our master's programs in health, exercise, and physical activity is scheduled for October 25. Enjoy coffee and breakfast foods while you learn about the programs, graduate assistantship opportunities, and application tips from the program's faculty, department chair, and admissions representatives.
- Friday, October 25, 2019 | 9:15 - 10:15 a.m. | 166 Trees Hall
- Applied Behavior Analysis (Master's and Certificate)
Information sessions for our applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) programs will feature a presentation by program faculty coordinator Doug Kostewicz and a graduate enrollment manager. This is an opportunity to learn more about our master's and certificate programs that have been certified by the national Behavior Analyst Certification Board.
- November 12, 2019 | 4:30 p.m. | 5100 Posvar Hall
- January date TBD
- February date TBD
- Foreign Language Education Teacher Certification
Join us for an information session about earning your teacher certification in Foreign Language Education. There will be a presentation by faculty member Dr. Heather Hendry and a Q&A with program alumni. This session is ideal for any person interested in teaching a foreign language in grades K-12.
- November 12, 2019 | 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. | 5100 Posvar Hall
Sample a Class
You can sit in on a University of Pittsburgh undergraduate class, including several from Pitt Education. Advance registration is not required; simply check the current schedule to plan your visit.
Pitt Virtual Tour
The next best thing to visiting campus is watching the Pitt Virtual Tour. The tour shows the campus from a 360-degree perspective.