Eboni M. Zamani-Gallaher is Professor and Associate Dean for Equity, Justice, and Strategic Partnerships at the University of Pittsburgh School of Education. In this role, she advances the school-wide strategy for equitable partnerships, which includes partnering with colleagues to further deepen teaching, strengthen existing and propose new programmatic offerings, and reimagine the school's ongoing engagements.
Zamani-Gallaher is also Executive Director of the Council for the Study of Community Colleges (CSCC), a national organization that supports the advancement of the study and practice of community colleges in the United States.
Prior to joining Pitt Education, Zamani-Gallaher was a Professor at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign College of Education, where she was also Director of the Office for Community College Research and Leadership (OCCRL). At Illinois, She previously served as Associate Head of the Department of Education Policy, Organization, and Leadership and Associate Dean.
Zamani-Gallaher earned her BS in psychology and MS in general experimental psychology from Western Illinois University and holds a PhD in educational organization and leadership from the University of Illinois
- Broadening equitable participation in two- and four-year institutions
- Transfer, access, and retention policies in higher education
- Marginalized student populations in marginalized institutional contexts
- Rockey, M., Fox, H. L., & Zamani-Gallaher, E. M. (2021). What Does Reverse Transfer Look Like When There is no Funding or Mandate to Support It? Community College Journal of Research and Practice, 45(5), 374-377.
- Baber, L. D., Zamani-gallaher, E. M., Stevenson, T. N., & Porter, J. (2019). From Access to Equity: Community Colleges and the Social Justice Imperative. In M. B. Paulsen, & L. W. Perna (Eds.), Higher Education: Handbook of Theory and Research (Vol. 34, pp. 203-240). Springer.
- Zamani-Gallaher, E. M. (2019). Preface: Reflecting on identity, reframing policies, and reshaping higher education: An introduction to rethinking LGBTQIA students and collegiate contexts. In Rethinking LGBTQIA Students and Collegiate Contexts: Identity, Policies, and Campus Climate (pp. x-xvii). Taylor and Francis Inc..
- Zamani-Gallaher, E. M., Choudhuri, D. D., & Taylor, J. L. (Eds.) (2019). Rethinking LGBTQIA Students and Collegiate Contexts: Identity, Policies, and Campus Climate. Routledge.
- Fox, H. L., & Zamani-gallaher, E. M. (2018). Exploring Equity in Early Postsecondary Education. New Directions for Community Colleges, 2018(181), 29-37.
Awards & Honors
- American Educational Research Association Fellow (2022)
- DIVERSE: Issues in Higher Education Champion Award (2022)
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA) Community College Research Award (2019)
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA) Senior Scholar (2018) and ACPA Diamond Honoree (2017)
- Association for the Study of Higher Education (ASHE) Council on Ethnic Participation (CEP) Founder’s Service Award recipient (2018) and ASHE-CEP Mildred B. Garcia Senior Exemplary Scholarship Awardee (2009)
- Council for the Study of Community Colleges (CSCC) Senior Scholar Award (2017)
Engagements, Partnerships, and Professional Service
- Executive Director, Council for Study of Community Colleges (Ongoing)
- President, Council for the Study of Community Colleges (2013-2014)
- Director for Research and Scholarship, ACPA (2015-2017)