Building Equity in Teacher Education
The Pitt School of Education will help you become a confident teacher who makes a positive and lasting impact in the lives of students. We offer graduate programs in the areas of early childhood education, secondary education, special education, applied developmental psychology, and reading specialization.
Superior Faculty Instruction
You have the opportunity to learn from professors with significant experience in the field of education. They provide you with an essential combination of research and clinical-based instruction, as well as on-the-job experience that will benefit you as an educator.
Multiple Teacher Certification Types
You have the flexibility to select a teacher education program based on your career stage. If you're looking to become a teacher, we offer the Master of Arts in Teaching degree, Instructional I Teaching Certificates, and Dual Certifications. If you've already achieved your initial teacher preparation, we offer Administrative and Professional Certificates.
Teacher Education Programs
- Early Childhood Education
In this area, you have the option of doing programs that offer either a single certification or a dual certification. Primary Plus provides a single certification to teach in classrooms from PreK-4. The CASE Teacher Preparation program gives you certifications in PreK-4 and special education.
- Secondary Education (Grades 7 - 12)
- Foreign Language Education
- Mathematics Education
- Science Education
- Social Studies Education
- Special Education
- Master of Education in Special Education with Teaching Certificate (MOSAIC)
- Special Education Teacher Preparation Certificate (PreK-8)
- Special Education Teacher Preparation Certificate and Master of Education (PreK-8)
- Special Education Teacher Preparation Certificate (Grades 7 - 12) and Master of Education
- Vision Studies
- Reading Specialist
- Social Work and Teaching Secondary Education
- Undergraduate Minor