Our Equity and Justice Committee is charged with providing a transformative vision for engaging the school community around its explicit commitments to equity and justice.
The committee makes our work more collaborative, anti-racist, decolonial, and humanizing.
- Creating space for dialogue and innovation on topics of equity and justice in education
- Partnering with faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community partners to examine ways to support and account for the various experiences of children, families, and communities
- Initiating programs across the school and within multiple communities that advance equity and justice in education and that enhance the school’s efforts to recruit and retain historically diverse populations of faculty, staff, and students
- Monitoring the School’s compliance with the University policy around equal opportunity, diversity, and equity.
Chaired by the Associate Dean for Equity and Justice, the committee includes:
- Four faculty members elected at large from full-time faculty
- One elected staff, and one appointed staff from the Office of Admissions and Enrollment Services and/or the Office of Student and Career Services
- Two students (graduate and/or undergraduate) elected at large.
For questions or more information, please contact the Pitt Education Office of the Dean.